Now that the System Reserved partition size has been increased you are ready to create a valid backup:
1) Open Backup and Restore.
2) Click ‘Set up backup’ and select the same destination drive you originally choose.
3) Click ‘Next’ and use the default ‘Let Windows choose’ option and click ‘Next’.
4) Review your backup settings, the default is All Users and a ‘System Image’. Note that you will be setting up a “Schedule” for an automatic backup. The default time for a backup to run is Sunday at 7:00PM.
5) To start the backup click on the ‘Save settings and run backup’ button.
If you open the ‘Detail’ view immediately after starting the backup you will now be able to see the ‘shadow copy’ being created. The inability to create the shadow copy due to the lack of free space on the System Reserved partition is what cause your previous backup to fail.
6) If you never completed your first backup then you should create a ‘System Repair’ disc when the backup has completed.